Gabbinbar Homestead Weddings: A Photographer’s View of One of Toowoomba’s Premier Wedding Venues

Gabbinbar wedding estate is one of Toowoomba’s premier wedding venue, but it is one of Queensland’s most awarded wedding venues. Gabbinbar won both Queensland’s Best Ceremony Venue and Best Reception Venue at the 2025 ABIA awards, with satisfaction ratings around 99.96%. It is easy to see why with highly professional staff. All the Gabbinbar team members from the hospitality staff to the groundskeepers make a point of welcoming you. All the staff are happy to be helpful and make your day even more special.



Brides and grooms want to have a seamless stress free day but they want their guests to have fun as well. Couples also want their guests to have a great meal and lots of drinks too. When it comes to food and drinks Gabbinbar shines here as well. I have been to a lot of weddings and eaten at a lot of wedding venues. It’s not hard to say that the food is outstanding.

When I have photographed weddings, the weddings have run like clockwork. I really can’t say enough about the staff. They are warm and courteous to me and other wedding vendors.



Gabbinbar creates a relaxed environment with its music choice. Music is played not too soft, not too loud and the speakers are hidden. You can’t see the speakers but the music is everywhere.

This isn’t a paid endorsement.  My photography prices are the same regardless of the location. I charge the same for all wedding venues. If I’m on a property in rural Queensland or if I’m at one of Queensland’s top wedding venues my prices don’t change.



I do love photographing weddings at Gabbinbar because it is so easy. The grounds are beautiful the homestead is beautiful. The original chapel is beautiful. The library is beautiful. Are you starting to see what the theme is here? It’s a beautiful wedding venue and when the afternoon light shines through the trees it makes an ideal place for wedding photos. I like photographing the groom and groomsmen in the library. With its leather-bound books and old-world styling. The north facing windows have beautiful light and it gives me everything I need to create strong photographs.

The bridal suite has all the amenities for a bride and her bridesmaids. It has the old world charm you’d expect from such a stellar wedding venue. The soft flattering light is ideal for the bride’s portrait.



Wet weather isn’t an issue at Gabbinbar they have pavilions where you have your ceremony if it rains. You can choose to have your ceremony in the pavilion as your preference. The pavilion is my least favourite place to photograph wedding ceremonies. The timber floor is stained in a red tone colour. The light reflects off the red floor and makes skin tones red. I take it out in Photoshop and it takes a long time. I prefer to get the photo right in camera as much as possible. I aim to have natural photos that are not  overly edited. But this is a small issue, there are lots of open air locations for your wedding. The Gabbinbar grounds are beautifully manicured. They let me take a step back and show the scale of your wedding at Gabbinnbar, while being in position for the all important first kiss.



The nighttime lighting is a beautiful feature at Gabbinbar. I always encourage couples to be photographed in amongst the lights at Gabbinbar. They have trees wrapped in fairy lights and lanterns hanging from trees. The homestead is also beautifully lit. They haven’t done it in a garish Las Vegas way but more of a Disney fairytale feel. I can understand some people might resist this idea and say ‘haven’t we got enough photos?’ I reassure them I only need 10-15 minutes, and this only happens once. I ask the couple to walk amongst the lights and chat and gossip about their day. During this time, I don’t direct or pose the couple. It’s time to breathe and be together on what is a very busy day.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing your wedding venue with photos in mind.

Is there a wedding venue in Toowoomba's C.B.D. with a country homestead feel ?

Interview with Kraz Kev from power FM